I totally feel like a Toyota, I cant stop. I apologize way too frequently about updating my blog.
Do you ever have too many ideas? too many things going on at once? Too many obligations, that instead of getting anything done, you DO NOTHING? or you do half of everything. I totally hate being such a flake, and I really really try so very hard to make everyone happy, meet my deadlines, etc. I think I need a vacation, not a three day camping trip like we usually take, the problem with those are, sensory overload of inspiration! The whole time I'm out there I'm shaping glass in the flame, in my head, taking notes, antsy to get back to the studio.
I may be Ill, My father he was a workaholic, I thought, never me, I don't even like to work!
Then I find glass, lord have mercy! I can't tell you how many people have said, how fortunate I am to be able to work in my underwear, work at home, be my own boss etc, ( I am)
But I work harder longer hours than I have ever worked in my life, including the machinist job at a lawn mower factory in the northeast of Hades, with the 500 lb man pushing a boiling hot vat of molten steel past our line every 30 minutes. (stinky)
It is next to impossible for me to turn it off. I'm actually thinking a three day medically induced coma would be great, unfortunately, I would probably dream of glass, and wake up three days behind in shipping , listing, plus my dogs would be very hungry.
I'm definitely not bitching about my job, I cant even find the words to explain how excited every time I realize what I do for a living , is my dream come true. There is absolutely nothing better than glass, fire, and pretty things! Even just spewing this rant is cathartic on so many levels. It also helps that the coffee is kicking in :)
Wake up every morning with the idea that something awesome is about to happen.
I Love mornings, I get out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off, I am not a doze button junkie.
I jump up, let the dogs out, pee, make a pot of coffee, and open my emails, I have had to learn not to answer any emails until after my first cup, If you have ever received any of my morning emails, you will understand why, cryptic chaos, its kind of like a morning word jumble :) Hey maybe I can market this...
Cliff notes to My life this past month,
not in chronological order :0)
1. Glass camp at west Michigan Glass Art Center for kids 10-18, 5 sessions, amazing fantastic time!
2. Beads of Courage day also at WMGAC, we had a great handful of bead artists there making buckets of beads to donate to the Beads of Courage program, Then a potluck lunch, and for a few hours we brought in a large group of Big Brothers and Big Sisters, taught them how to make beads, and let them make some to donate too! was a double whammy of insanely good karma , if you believe in that :)
3. August Art Hop, Dawn, Dana, Michael and myself demoed bead making, and made some more to send in to Beads Of Courage.
4. Taught a two day bead making 101 class, last weekend, very aggressive class, so it was a great time, being able to step away from round beads, and create twisties, sculptural etc!
5. Wrote and published a new tutorial on my butterfly design :)
Available here :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/everafterartistry
Today I have several mondo cool listings to put up, a gift I have to finish making,
a volunteer appreciation dinner to go to tonight at WMGAC.
and of course, 1458745 ideas to burn up in the flame, anddddddddd even more to tell you about.
I have a secret project to work on and deploy this weekend :)
Right now I have to get back to Facebook :) (see, no time management)