Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good Morning :) sitting here with my scrumdiddlyumptious coffee, in my magic red coffee cup, peering through the glass galleries of http://www.beadartists.org/ and http://www.glassartists.org/ no better way to start the day! Do you post there? do you ever go look? If not I highly suggest you spend a few minutes poking around, absolutely fantastic art! I admit I have been neglecting it a bit, so many forums, blogs, facebook etc, but every time I go back, I'm inspired!
I have a few listings up and getting ready to put some more fun ones up today, so of course I wanted to share :)
There has been mentions few times recently about feeling uncomfortable about "pimping" our work out via the net, examples, facebook, twitter, blogs, websites etc. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?
I don't know about you, but I'm guessing a lot of you do this to make some money, I sell 90 percent of my work via the internet, of course I'm going to use networking sites to advertise it, either that or I am simply wasting my time, and I'm hungry. Ha
I love all the networking sites, and I have a gazillion facebook friends, again a good 90 percent of them are artists many many glass and jewelry artists, Is it spam? to advertise there? ack I hope not. I'm just learning how to use twitter but you can bet Once I get the hang of it, Bam!! I'm going to be all over that place!
The only way to get out there n be seen is through marketing, and I can definitely tell when I am slacking, or caught up in other things, I post in show n tell galleries, on facebook, on ebay forums, the beadartist.org site, my blog, twitter, and If I don't, it definitely shows in my sales
I Love looking at other peoples work, they post in said galleries etc. Thats why I made them my friends! Well and also so I could throw the occasional bad joke at them. I have great friends!
I have to get to work! so I have more stuff to pimp!
Show me what you got!
By the way, some day I'm going to be famous :) are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment